As promised, here is Part 2 of our curated gift ideas. We just can’t get enough of all the interesting and meaningful gifts that lifestyle brands offer and we love sharing our finds with you.
So, without further ado, let us dive in!
- Recycled Tyre Wallet from The Second Life (Rs. 810). The Second Life make recycled footwear and accessories that are stylish and sustainable. Their recycled tyre wallet is a cool and eco-friendly gift that can hold your money, cards and even the phone. The upcycled wallet is made from recycled tyre tubes and felt, making it durable and water-resistant. It is handmade, functional, convenient and comes in various colours. Quite the perfect gift we say!
Source: The Second Life
- Mandala iPhone case from A Green Co (Rs. 1099) – A Green Co makes 100% compostable phone cases from wheat straw, which not only offer an alternative to plastic phone cases that add to the growing waste problem, but they help put the wheat straw to good use instead of being burnt by farmers.
The designs on these phone cases are engraved and so, no harmful colours or dyes are used
- As if this is not enough, they even plant trees for every phone cover sold! Isn’t this Mandal design exquisite?
Source: A Green Co
- The Conscious Traveller Hamper from Beej (Rs. 4420) – Beej sets new standards of sustainably made stylish product ranges and this traveller hamper, the perfect gift for those with wanderlust is no different! The hamper has a handcrafted cutlery case, in FSC-certified cork and comes with stainless steel cutlery and a linen napkin. The coffee tumbler is made of bamboo is food-safe, 100% BPA-free, and recyclable, and comes with a removable sleeve.
- Gift Hamper Pack Of Coffee (4X75g) from Blue Tokai Coffee (Rs. 800) – Blue Tokai has been bringing us responsibly sourced Indian speciality coffee from farms across India for several years now and they keep raising the bar, with the quality and range of coffees as well the full coffee experience! This gift hamper features 4 speciality coffees and comes packed in exquisitely designed boxes featuring regional Indian art. There is no better gift than this for those who love their cuppa!
Source: Blue Tokai
- Brew-Tastic Gift Box from Tea Trunk (Rs. 1,559) Tea Trunk creates artisanal teas that are vegan, caffeine-free and made in small batches. They are natural, healthy, and delicious. Their tea gift boxes are great gifts for tea aficionados. This gift box made in collaboration with Chumbak features two teas – Apple Spice Black Tea and Mango Mint Green Tea – along with an adorable Elephant Mini Mug.
Source: Tea Trunk
Kids & Babies
- Shatranj A Game of Chess from Varnam Craft Collective (Rs. 2450): Varnam Craft Collective offers, among many other products wooden toys for kids. They are made from natural and eco-friendly materials, such as wood, clay, and natural dyes. They are also durable, safe, and educational. This gorgeous chess set, which comes with a potli features wooden pawns handcrafted by Channapatna artisans.
Source: Varnam Craft Collective
- First Wooden Puzzles – Set of 2 (2-4 years) from Shumee (Rs. 749) Shumee is well known for wooden toys that are safe, eco-friendly, and educational. Their wooden puzzle is a fun and engaging gift for little kids. The puzzle is made from natural wood and non-toxic paints, making it durable and harmless. It also helps kids develop their cognitive, motor, and problem-solving skills, as well as their creativity and imagination.
- Baby Lion – Cotton Knitted Stuffed Soft Toy from Pluchi (Rs. 999). Their organic cotton soft toys make for great gifts for babies and toddlers who love to cuddle and play. The soft toy is made from a 100% organic cotton shell, has a soft polyester filling and boasts a gentle, soft hand feel. And it is so adorable too, guaranteed to become any baby’s favourite cuddly companion in no time!
That’s a wrap on our exquisite finds for you this year. We promise to keep coming back with more ideas of beautiful, stylish and sustainably-made alternatives to products across categories and discover brands that are moving the needle on sustainable lifestyle in the new year!